Friday, September 7, 2012

The Nursery

....that I finally got around to finishing.  Two days ago it was a mess.  There were tools once used for hanging pictures scattered everywhere.  Clothes sent from Mom covered the crib mattress.  I was still deliberating over what to do for a light source next to the rocking chair.  There was no curtain rod to hang the curtains by, and a wealth of trash littered the floor from all the baby gear packaging that had never quite made its way downstairs and to the curbside.  I just kept telling myself that it didn't really matter because it would be a while before the nursery was actually a valuable asset since we plan on having the baby sleep in a bassinet next to our bed until hours of sleep reach a decent number and nursing levels out a little overnight.

Then I lazily settled for clearing a pathway to the changing table because she would need diapering...and her clothes would be located in the nursery...and if I want some nursing privacy, the rocking chair would also be sitting among the chaos.  Quickly, I realized that it probably would offer a hefty amount of peace of mind to just finish the baby's room.  The only problem was finding the energy.  Whether it's nesting or a change of perspective, I've been more inspired to move and shake at a speed I think that I remember from what seems like a past life.  A few more things have been hung on the walls, I got a curtain rod, borrowed a side table and lamp from other rooms and relocated them next to the rocking chair.  And as of today - with curtains now hung - the tiniest room in our house is now ready to welcome the tiniest human member of our home.



 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment